Saturday, September 15, 2012

Jeet yet?

When my father was diagnosed with metastatic pancreatic cancer I found myself without a place to put my worry. If the worst thing that could happen comes to pass, there's nothing else anyone can tell you that could be worse so a calm sets in.
 If you're Italian though, NOT FOR LONG. I'm afraid my friends will realize they never really liked me anyway, my clients find a hairdresser they like more and I have no life left in Maine. But just in case I do still have friends, clients and a Maine life they will have to learn to communicate with me all over again, I've reverted to my native language. North Providence Rhode Islandese. This state is an opera, and everyone speaks in sort of a recitative. It's a musical place. At the gym this morning two women who remind me of me had a conversation that went like this;"How ARRRRRE you? Goooood?" " Yeah, you know……..ooooh those shoes are sooooo cute! Not for nuttin but ha much?"
So if you still like me study up.http://www.quahog.org/factsfolklore/index.php?id=43

1 comment:

Jan said...

The other day at work, I was trying to explain
to one of my board members the "source" of the problem. He said, "What do you mean by "sauce". I said, "You mean red gravy"? I'm not joking--then I had to explain red gravy!