Saturday, September 8, 2012

I'd Like to Solve the Puzzle


Mike is doing fairly well, and yesterday I wondered if I need to be here all the time, so I asked him. He said he couldn’t do this without me and I need to stay. I think the peanut butter and banana sandwiches I make for him to take to coffee with the guys are just as important as the morphine I hand him twice a day. But really, this cancer is a roller coaster, right after I took this photo Mike was shaking and doubled over in pain, yesterday he couldn't walk. Today, if you ask him he's perfect, he kind of is.
Mike waits for  'Wheel of Fortune' and the Red Sox. I got every movie channel there is and he changes back to Bonanza just when things are getting good in 'Manhattan'.
I've become a tour guide for a bunch of former hep cats. They still like going to the dives.

No comments: