Sunday, September 23, 2007

Nothing Says Lovin' Like..........



As we sat down to dinner Mike said, while taking a forkful of sausage with fennel and apples, "this is why I really missed you". The longer we are married the better he is at realizing what should be thought vs. what should be spoken, a quarter of a second later he said, "because we have dinner as a family". I like to cook and I do it because I love that Mike enjoys my cooking. I spent the rest of the evening wondering why I was so upset that Mike said he missed my cooking. Maybe because what I heard was, " I only missed you for your food". I am not upset anymore. I get it. Honest.
Tonight we are having guests and the salad is Cantaloupe, mint and jalepeno peppers dressed with orange juice and lime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!